What is the editing stage?
The editing stage is when you check your thesis for mistakes and correct them.
Grammar and Spelling
1. Check your spelling.
2. Check your grammar.
3. Read your essay again.
4. Make sure each sentence has a subject.
5. Make sure your subjects and verbs agree with each other.
6. Check the verb tenses of each sentence.
7. Make sure that each sentence makes sense.
Style and Organization
1. Make sure your thesis has an introduction, supporting paragraphs, and a summary paragraph.
2. Check that you have a thesis statement that identifies the main idea of the essay.
3. Check that all your paragraphs follow the proper paragraph format.
4. See if your thesis is interesting.
What is the publishing stage?
The publishing stage is when you produce a final copy of your thesis paper to hand in.
1. Make a paper copy of your thesis.
2. Show your work to your teacher, tutor, or parents.
3. Ask them for hints on how to improve your writing.