Press releases usually follow one of the common citation formats – APA or MLA
I. APA citation press release
The following guidelines are applicable for all our press releases written in APA format:
1. The name of the person / company the press release is referred to.2. Date of publication of the release provided in the form of Month Date, Year: e.g. “August 22, 2010”.
3. Title of the press release is in italics. The letters of the first word and pronouns are capitalized. “Press Release” is written in square brackets at the end of the title but before the period to close the headline. e.g. Team Selection Today [Press Release].
4. The area name of the company/ individual from where the press release was issued is mentioned.
5. The source of the press release is mentioned. If the source is an online publication the corresponding URL appears in black at the end of the text.
II. MLA citation press release
The following guidelines are applicable for all our press releases written in MLA format:
1. We decide on which parts of the press release have to be cited. If the quote is less than three lines we just put quotation marks at the start and the end of the cited part. If it is more than three lines the quote is placed onto separate lines with double spaced lining.
2. We mention the spokesman/author’s name, title of the press release, date when it is issued, source from where the press release is acquired.
3. We mention the specific URL if the press release is acquired online.
4. If the press release is an old taped recording the above details and the date of record is put insted of date of issue.
5. If the press release is made by the Government – the department is clarified.